Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 8 - Event Notifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2013
US
With DL380 Generation 7 and older using CD SmartStart installations, I was able to configure HP Event Notifier for internal system alerts.

With the new Generation 8 and Intelligent Provisioning, I don't see the option any longer.

What's the fix?

Thanks!

I think they want you to use SNMP traps, Systems Insight Manager or tools like MS SCOM nowadays

Neill

Thanks! I finalized the "fix" last night and was going to update today. Even with the Intelligent Provisioning, the G8 server installs leave off the HP Insight services. I had to install the latest HP Support Pack v9.0.0, which includes these services and in turn the Event Notifier options.

As a note, do not install v9.1.0. It creates tons of erroneous Event entries and you'll receive tons of false HEALTH alerts. This is noted on other forums and HP.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back