Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Printer probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrix

Technical User
Jun 11, 2000
US
Hi TTer's, I have a Toshiba 465cdx satellite pro laptop and just got a HP 845c printer. I install the drivers and the printer works just fine. But when I shutdown and reboot later I get an error message that says "there was an error writing to usb /deskjet 845c_/th1771d6nosx for the printer/ the printer is not ready make sure it is turned on". The laptop only has usb so no other option. If I uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it, it works fine again. There were never any printers installed on this pc. 98se os. I treid a new cable,nothing. I tested the printer on my pc and it works fine. Please help.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx Ed

- Try to update the bios on the Toshiba site
- Try to disable the parallel port in the bios
- Check the Microsoft site for USB drivers update
- I hope this wil be helpfull

Thanx skilcom, Found out that some the NEC chips used in these and other series of Toshiba laptops has a problem that can't be fixed. They (Toshiba)said "the only known solution for these laptops is to purchase a usb pcmcia card". Hewlett Packard also on their site said the same thing about that same chip. These are the series that are affected are, Satellite 220, 300, 310, Satellite Pro 440, 460, (my pc),470, 480, Portege 300, Tecra 520, 530, 540, 550, 750 CDT. Since I have no parallel port I will have to get a pcmcia/usb card. Thanx for your help Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back