Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Photosmart 3300 blue screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDog

MIS
Aug 19, 1999
US
I recently purchased a HP Photosmart 3300. It has wireless capability, but I hard wired it into my router. Works fine for a couple days and then the LCD panel blue screens with some cryptic error message (numbers etc...). HP's solution was to reboot the printer and "keep these instructions on how to reboot the printer for future reference" (indicating to me that the problem isn't fixed (in their minds)). Sure enough, the blue screen problem persists. I don't mind an occassional reboot, but this is ridiculous. The "multi function" is useless if I can't leave the damn thing on to receive a fax. Anyway, does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? I installed a new/updated driver to no avail. HELP!

PS. HP's solution is to reboot the printer. Unfortunately, that only solves the problem for a day or so before it blue screens again. HP says it is because "the printer has an internal condition" (my interpretation is that it has garbage inside the box). Here is a link to their "solution":

I'm not sure about this printer, but I know that on the laser printers that I work on problems like these are often caused by power surges that interupt the DC controller or formatter board. It may be a long shot, but it could be a similar problem here. Is the printer on a surge protect or ups?

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Chris

Yes, it is on a surge supressor and UPS. HP is sending me a new printer. Hopefully that will solve the problem and it's not an inherent problem with this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back