Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Pavilion Webcam not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJorde

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
My HP Pavilion Webcam stopped working right after installing windows 7 in both my HP Pavilion laptops. One had XP and the other had Vista before the update.
I cannot find a driver or fix to get the camera working. It turns on (blue light) but the screen is black.
Anyone? Please.
My wife is driving me crazy since she cannot use Skype with video...
Thanks in advance, you guys have always come through for me in the past.

DrJorde
Webmaster

What is the model of your Pavillion?
Have you tried downloading and installing the Vista Drivers see if they work?

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Thanks for the link, according to the HP website, no driver is available for Windows 7 for either of my laptops.
BTW one of the laptops is a dv9035nr and the other is a dv6626us if that helps.
There must be a solution, it is just a camera.

DrJorde
Webmaster

Thanks for all the help. On the dv6626us which is my wifes, I discovered that when a rubber bumper fell off, she superglued it back on.... Guess where?
The camera works fine now.
On my laptop, our IT guy went to the HP site and looked for "imaging drivers" under my model and once installed, the camera came to life.
Prior to this we were focussed on searching for "webcam drivers". so we were getting drivers that didn't fit.
All is well now.

Now if I could only find my Internet Explorer Icon that I lost on my laptop. I unpinned it, thinking I could then copy a shortcut to my desktop when I did, it disappeared.

Isn't Windows 7 great?

DrJorde
Webmaster

Glad to see you sorted it out.

For you IE icon, simply e the search feature in the start menu, and type in Internet, and wait for the results.

One of them should be IE. then just drag it to your desktop.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back