Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Pavilion N4515 Boots Then Turns Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark59

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion N4515 Notebook that will not boot. When I turn it on the lights go on and I hear it begin to run, then it turns off. It makes no sound to indicate any failing parts. I have tried it with the battery in and out. I have removed the HDD and tried it, also swapped with another HDD and it does the same thing. I have taken the CPU cooling unit out and checked that the fan was working, it is. When I took RAM out it sounded several beeps to indicate RAM was missing. I am not sure what I can do to continue with the diagnostics.
Thanks

It still sounds like it could be a memory error.
Try each memory card in different slots. If there are three slots, and you have two of them filled, you might need to start them from the other end (instead of #2 and #3 slot being filled, it might be looking for #1 and #2 slot). You might even try different memory sticks if you have any compatible ones lying around.

also want to add that I tested the ac adapter and it is putting out 19v. Also that sometimes it would boot and there would be the windows sound other times no sound. Now it won,t boot.

Also, when it boots it boots to the hp flash screen and you see HP then it shuts down.
also tried memory in other slot. am looking for orher memory to test. it is notebook and I am not sure if I have any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back