Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp pavilion a1106n audio device missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akroma

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
CA
I'm encountering a problem while re-installing WinXP on an hp pavilion a1106n. There's no audio device found?! i did all of the patches/updates and installed the drivers on the hp site, but still no audio device. I also went to the Realtek site and got those drivers, but again...nothing. has anyone encountered this before? unfortunately i do not have the hp driver cds that came with the system.
-in control panel - sounds, all tabs displays 'No device found' and has everything grayed out.
-in device manager - for the sound - the audio codecs are installed. and there's no unknown device being displayed.
any help will be appreciated.
thanks

You may have to reinstall the MB's chipset drivers.
Check if they're available at the HP site.
If not, then unfortunately they're probably on the HP driver CD's.
One workaround is to install an inexpensive sound card.

i did try reinstalling the chipset drivers from the HP site. although i should see who the manufacterer for the MB is and install the latest.
well if that doesn't work, i think i'll go with your 2nd suggestion and install a sound card.

thanks for you reply ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back