Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP p6b580t motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaw

Technical User
Apr 14, 2002
US
This board has 2 SATA ports, but apparently they are not enabled. Checked the bios and there is nothing to enable, installed new SATA HD, but the board does not recognoze the drive. HP web site was no help. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

Sorry I didn't give you enough Information, this is a HP d530. upon further investigation into the bios, in the Storage configuration section there is a SATA config with 2 choices, 1.set up as seperate controller and 2.replace primary IDE, upon selecting the replace primary IDE mode the unit would not boot from the C drive (hooked to the primary IDE controller). I don't think there is a work around, accept installing an expansion card.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

macaw - for both the IDE and SATA to work, it needs to be set to the first choice (separate controller), the later will turn OFF the IDE controller... The link provided by tlcscousin offers a wealth of information, check it as well...

also have a read here:

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

Now I feel stupid- hooked power to drive lo and behold............

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back