Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP OpenView network discovery and adding host issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesh001

MIS
Feb 25, 2005
TT
Hi Everyone,

I recently install HP OpenView, network node manager (Start edition). I lefted it to run overnight to discover my LAN. After a few days it has only discovered only 6 nodes on my network. I cannot understand why the other nodes have not be discovered. I am presently researching this, but would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Another problem I am having is manually adding a node. On the interent-level submap, under EDIT I cannot click on add Objects, because its grayed out.

I really nned some assistance!

Thank you List!
Adesh

Some suggestions:

Make sure the OV server can ping/reach the elements.

SNMP is setup correctly.

OV SNMP configuration for IP's is correct.

Firewall/router blocking is not present.

[Blue]Blue[/Blue] [Dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Hey Guys,

I also attempted to add a node under the station view menu, however I am prompted with a dialog box. I enter my domain username and password but to no avail.

Please help :(
Adesh

Are you accessing NNM using the web interface or the application interface? you want to use the Application and use the readwrite map.

Make sure your using the correct community strings. Your probably only discovering the 6 node on your local segment (layer 2 attached).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back