Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Omniback for NT V3.5 - Do I have to patch the clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekmino

MIS
Oct 1, 2002
US
I kinda got this handed to me a short time ago. I am running Omniback 3.5 for NT. If I install an Omniback patch on the cell manager, do I have to also patch the agents on the clients? Will installing a patch on the cell manager update the certified device list, or do I have to do something differnet for that? I get unknown devices with HP tape drives, I wouldn't think that I should be seeing that.

After you install a patch on the installation server (mostly the omniback cell-manager is the install server), you must upgrade your clients.
This can easyly be done by using the right-click on all the clients in the Client-scope of the omniback-user-interface and choose 'upgrade'. This will 're-install' the installed agents on the clients and add the patches to the choosen client.
The cell-server/installation server cannot be upgraded that way, this is done by the patch-installation setup.

Greetings,
Chris MARREEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back