Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP NDPS Gateway / LJ Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Just thought I'd throw this out there, see if anyone has seen similar issues...

A client just upgraded to NetWare 6, but has a DOS app that requires LPT captures to queues. Have it setup with NDPS.

WEll, 2 Laserjets (4100 & 4050) both have problems when printing from the DOS app. They start printing, then the printer console shows a EIO 40 Error, pauses, then starts again. The problem is that the page where the error happens gets ommitted/corrupted. Seems to happen regardless of Job size, but it doesn't happen when printing from windows apps. Only jobs going through the queue.

Server is NW6, SP3+ ndps patches. Using latest HP gateway (just downloaded). Server and Printers, all running at 100MB full. Cisco Catalyst switch. No NIC or other errors are showing up on the server. Also updated firmware on both printers and turned off unused protocols.

I've never seen any problems like this with NDPS and I've done numerous installations.

Thanks.
Marv

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

We kept having timeout issues closely related to what you describe and we changed the setting to 270 on the jet direct card and our problem left us.. The EIO 40 indicated communication problem to me..

i've only ever seen the eio40 on old jetd's connecting to new cisco switches

connect to an old hub and it was happy

I've seen this before when the driver in NDPS is pushed out as a PCL6 driver (same thing when printing GroupWise messages from some PC's with PCL6/PCL5e drivers, comes out with arabic characters).

Try changing the driver on one PC manually and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back