Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hp Media Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbuck29

Programmer
May 7, 2007
US
My pc is constantly needing to be rebooted due to either the sound not working or the media card reader not working. Any answer to help resolve this is appreciated.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Neither is your question, you need to provide more information, how on earth are we expected to be able to help you with what you have provided?

We need more information, event log messages etc?

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

No event logs. Randomly when attempting to use the media card reader it will not function and the sounds quits working. Have to reboot to make either function after.

There are dozens of "HP Media Edition" PCs including laptops & desktops. a model number, OS, and specifications of internal components (CPU, RAM, PSU, GFX, whether sound is onboard or add-in etc.) are all helpful in diagnosing a problem.

Tony

Users helping Users...

If HP has a diagnostic program like Dell's do, run it and test the sound. If it passes the hardware test, then it's usually an issue with the OS or try uninstalling and resinstalling the sound driver. Check the cable connections inside the computer to ensure they are seated properly.

Simon said:
and I always thought it was 42...

but back to the problem, I would suggest, first to answer fully what the others mentioned (Full Specs, etc.), secondly, I would reinstall the Chipset drivers, then UAA (if not already on XP SP3), then the Sound Drivers...

of course, all the latest ones...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back