Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP M1522nf firmware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdukehts

MIS
Dec 21, 2009
US
Customer was having problems with HP LaserJet M1522nf losing connection after scanning one page and having to restart printer constantly. After reinstalling software on computer with no change, decided to update firmware from HP website. Now printer comes up with "Hewlett-Packard" on first line & ">>" on second line but nothing works. Tried a cold restart on printer but did not change anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try resend the FW upgrade if possible.
It seems like you had an incomplete FW upgrade attempt.

Turn off any firewalls and antivirus before you try to download the files. Then run from PC.
Unit must go to ready to ugrade. If it will not, the formatteer is bad.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Thanks for the suggestions. Already tried to run firmware update again but computer does not recognize printer is attached and will not communicate with it. I think the firmware is toast so, I guess I need to know if there is any other way to reset the printer besides a cold restart since that doesn't work either.

Replace formatter.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

That printer is notorious for having the formatter go bad. Usually, 2 months after the warranty expires. That is all you have. Replace itand be on your way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back