Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ8000 pickup multiple pages printout

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen1

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
Whenever any document is sent to print. The printer picks up multiple pages instead of one page per printout.

For example: A 3 page document is sent, the first page comes out printed but behind it are 3-5 blank pages and then the 2nd page is printed and another 3-5 blanks stuck behind it, and so forth...

Seems like the pages have a bit of static also when it comes out.

I tried changing the rollers by getting a maintenace kit but this did not solve my problem... I also switched the trays with another printer but no luck.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Phil

Phil,

i've seen a similar problem with 3 part letterhead paper where the paper may have been subject to higher humidity, i.e. cold overnight temp etc, and the paper sticks together.
Might be worth a look at where or how the paper is stored.
Ash.

Does this happen from 1 tray only? If so, try swapping the clutch behind the separation roller with the other tray and see if problem goes away.

This happens on either Tray 2 or tray 3.
I do not think it happens on Tray 1 (Manual Feed)
I also tried using different paper stock but no luck. :(

Though it's a long shot that this would be from both trays, remove them and check the "fingers" and the back to ensure not cracked or broken. Then if you have a known good torque limiter (clutch)...try that in one of the trays.

check paper size setting on tray....the back stop me be set to a different paper size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back