Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 9000 Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

servmgr2004

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2009
US
I have a HP LJ 9000. When you turn on the power switch, the display flashes quickly, then nothing. No lights, no fans spins, no noise. I have replaced the LVPS and the HVPS, but there is no change. Any help would be appreciated.

With the printer turned off try remove the fuser and the formatter in the printer.
Start the printer and listen if any motors or fans spin.
If there is "noise", turn off the printer and reinstall the fuser.
Start the printer and listen... If there is "noise" try perform an engine test.

Please report back with your findings.

No noise at all. Display just flashes, then nothing.

Please check the two fuses in the LVPS that none of them are blown before continuing.
One is for the fuser directly while the other distributes power to the rest of the printer.
Since the display at least flashes we must assume the display is OK.
Next step would be to check up on connections from the Dc-controller since it handles all motors, sensors etc.
If there is no engine or fan sound with formatter and fuser removed, I would usually go for a dc-controller exchange.

Same issue. Fuses are fine and I have replaced the LV & HV boards twice, just in case. Nothing has changed.

Im with hpwizzard, DC Cont. is probably the culprit.
Plug printer directly into wall socket!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back