Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 4300 - Error on Compatible Toner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie321

Programmer
Jan 7, 2004
GB
Hi

Is there any way of stopping a 4300 from erroring on a Compatible Toner (apart from using Genuine HP Toner).

It will error many times a day, which is not ideal for a workgroup situation.

Thanks
B

I think this has something to do with the chip that is on the cartridge. If the chip is not reset properly, than this can happen. We have this problem occasionaly with our remans, and will usually just change out the toner, and then they probably fust replace the chip. You should be able to press the "Go" button to print, but if this is happening several times a day, I am sure it can be quite annoying. Who are you getting your remans from? They would probably exchange it for you.

Have a nice day today, and a better day tomorrow!!!

Bernie,

The answer is clearly the cartridge you are using. This particular cartridge and newer versions of HP printers require this. Email me and I will refer you to a excellent vendor for these type compatibles with chip manufactured inside already.

Chris Hester.

it may not be the cartridge, usaully if the chiop fails the printer will not work anymore. What error message are you getting? I reman cartridges and if you tell me the type of errors I can tell you wether it is the cartridge. If you have to print, and the machine saids toner out, you can make it work by taking off the chip. It is on the front of the cartridge. However, you lose some functions, like toner low.

Donald Broda
Vice President

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The error is 10.10.00 SUPPLIES MEMORY ERROR

The toner is a XINIA Compatable.

We have the old HP toner that came with the printer, is there any method of reusing the chip from these?

Regards
B

No, once the cartridge is done the chip is shorted out. I have never seen that error before, but does sound like the cartridge. I would suggest a new vendor for your cartridges if you have the option, I do not know what they are doing to cause this error, but I do not think it is the chip itself, unless it is the way it was installed. Not much you can do at this point.

Donald Broda
Vice President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back