Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 2300N Jetdirect not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2003
US
I have an HP LJ2300N that was working fine a couple of days ago. Now, the printer does not recognize the jetdirect card (615n). I tried replacing the card, but it still doesn't see it. When I print off the configuration page, it doesn't show on that either. I tried following the instructions that HP gives (turn off the printer, re-seat the card, put the network back in, turn on the printer), but nothing.

I have tried a new network cable, different port on the switch, all to no avail.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Never ran across that one -- is it possible the socket the card sits in got burned out? Seems like you've ruled out everything else.

Does this "card" sit in a normal PCI slot? If so, try a different slot.

micker - there is only one slot for the card.

I was able to get this working. I talked to a printer repairman friend and he said that the formatter was bad. After I tried a new card, etc. I was able to get an external jetdirect for the computer.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back