Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 1200 stuck in manual feed mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I have a laserjet 1200 and when you send a job it will not print out until you press the power button. It does this with everything that is sent to it. How can I get it to print without having to press the power button every time?

I have a very similar issue with the 1200 series printer. It only seems to happen when printing out emails, but it will go out to the queue and the status is "printing" but it will not print until I close out all the active windows and then bang...it starts printing. What is going on?

Whenever anyone sends anything to the printer it will not come out until the power button is pressed. It does this no matter what is printed or what program it is printed from.

Hi Folks,

Sounds as if this may be a tray configuration issue. The best thing for you to do is check the paper setup in your driver and make sure type & source are set to autoselect.

Check that when you go to file and page setup, that the application is set up for the correct paper size/type and see if this causes the same issue.

It will also be a good idea for you to try some of the self tests from the unit itself.

To print an engine test page, press the ENGINE TEST button with a non-metallic object. The engine test button is located beneath the cable pod connector assembly on the left rear side of the printer. The engine test prints a striped page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back