Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet Service Manuals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2003
US
I was surfing the net today and came accross a website that was selling HP LaserJet Service Manuals for $ 1.00. The Site is
I ordered one, but I was wondering if anyone know anything about them?

Did your manual arrive okay? I may be interested in ordering one.

As I've looked at ebay for deskjet manuals, I've had the feeling that some are selling HP cds and others are selling cds they've made themselves which are compilations of downloaded manuals.
My questions would be "Is this a compilation the seller made?", and if so, "Was it useful"?

These are seller made, but via authorization from HP. The Service Manuals really do help when confronted with a problem and there are parts that have to be replaced. They are not the user manuals, but the service manuals.

Did anyone get any of these manuals yet? This really does seem like a steal.

you need a star for risking your money and being kind enough to answer all these questions.

The way I figure, for the amount of printers that I work on, a gamble of $ 5.50 (with shipping) is not much more than a gamble. If I lost it, I would have to buy just two less beers when I go out on Friday Night

Well, beer money or not, you reduced the apparent risk for 2-4 others and answered two technical questions that the others couldn't have known unless they spent their beer money, endured the agony of the wait, and did the reading.
I figure that ought to be worth a star.

No I didn't-I'd been looking at them on eBay which was what precipitated my question above. and I was also more interested in deskjet manuals as I have a couple of "thrift store bargains" that are starting to fail.
However, I just bought an lj1000 and we use lj1200s at work so it might be good if I knew something about them.

I guess the biggest thing I hadn't decided yet was whether I thought I could really look/listen at/to a printer and look at a manual and accomplish a repair. So far I haven't convinced myself that that was realistic.

We bought all of the service manual CDs and so far they have been well worth the money. How can you go wrong at $1 or whatever it is each? Just buy them and quit talking about it:)

Hey-I was just answering Ralph's question. Thanks for posting back and letting us know you found his referral useful.

Hi !

I am an user from Germany and I am interested in this HP Laserjet CD.

I would order them from this company, but the shipping costs are a little too high I think.

Do you have the possibility to put them in EMule or on a FTP ?

thx, ASW

Hi !

I dont know it exactly, but I think somewhere between 10 and 20 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back