Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hp LaserJet P3015 not receiving command from computer (hope this is the right for my problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2855

Vendor
Jul 26, 2013
GH
my Hp LaserJet P3015 printer was working about 30minutes ago but now can not connect to the
computer. i have done almost all the basic troubleshooting that i can including formating the whole
PC, changing usb cable but no hope. i will be grateful for any help

If you formatted a PC in 30 minutes, one of us doesn't understand what that word means.

The usual procedure for recovering from printer strangeness, not for formatting, (assuming some form of Windows on the computer) is to power down everything, power up the PC with the printer disconnected, let it get settled down enough to stop beating on the hard disk, power it down again, then power it up with the printer connected via USB and already ON. At that point the computer is supposed to (re)find and reinstall the correct USB driver.

... or something like that. (I don't use Windows much anymore.)

Is it a network-capable one? Did you run any 'securing' tool on it? (the P3015N's we use here have a security wizard which can, if selected, turn off USB ports and suchlike)

Otherwise it sounds like the formatter board has had it. Does Windows actually detect it when it is plugged in?

Try plugging the USB Cable into a different USB port on your computer.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back