Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laserjet Landscape Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEFJ

MIS
Dec 15, 2001
US
Hey Guys/Gals

Having a bit of a problem with printing landscape from NT clients to a HP laserjet 4000TN through a Win2k Server. When printing from Excel or any program for that matter the user is unable to print landscape. Any time the users try to print landscape it comes out printed landscape but vertically on the page truncating colums that dont fit(that make sense?). Its not isolated to that single printer as there are multiple printers of the same make in the office and all have the same problem. I have added my printer to her machine and was able to print landscape just fine. That leads me to believe that its a driver/driver configuration problem.

I have grasped at all the straws I can find, tried changing drivers from the PCL6 to PCL5e drivers, didnt change anything. I tried changing the paper tray settings from unconfigured to what they are using. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling client drivers. Stopping and starting the spooler (I know...remember straws) and a host of other things. At this point Im looking for a nice hammer to try some percussive maintanace.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions hints or has run into this problem before please do share... - Nef

Hi
When you say, “I have added my printer to her machine and was able to print landscape just fine” do you mean a HP 4000?
Have you tried connecting one of them to a local machine to see what happens?
Do these printers have Print Managers that you could change their default settings?

I added the network printer that I use to her machine... same model, different print server.

Connecting the printer locally is not a option. Im not physically at the site nor can I be. And it would knock out printing for a large portion of the office.

I've tried changing settings to no avail. - Nef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back