Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 4550N issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

moram

Technical User
Jan 25, 2000
US
My colors are off a bit, and I can't figure out how to calibrate them. HELP!!!!
Thanks in advance.

When you say the colors are off, is that compared to what you are seeing on-screen or when you try printing a test page directly from the printer?

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

--Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

Red text is orange, especially as text sizes start getting smaller.

You did not answer my question on if the color is off compared to what is displayed on-screen or if you try to print a test page directly from the printer. If you think about it, you should be able to see why this is an important question.

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

Thanks for following up on my posts knporter.
There is a distinct difference between what is displayed and what is output.
I have run a test where I printed the word Test in 72 pt, and below it 36 pt, making my way down to 10 pt. The gradual fade on the printed page from an orangy red to orange at 10 pt is amazing. Note that I mentioned that at 72 pt, it really was not red.
Thanks again.

Have you tried printing a configuration/demo page directly off of the printer? This should give you a color chart or some kind of picture so you can judge the color.

The reason I am asking all of this is because I want to know if there is a hardware problem with the printer or if the problem lies with the colors just being printed differently than what is being displayed (probably a software problem)

If a page printed directly off of the printer comes out wrong then you probably have to have the printer calibrated. If it looks ok, then some adjustment my need to be made on your computer. If this is a network printer, does the same problem happen when printing from different computers? "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

This problem happens from all PC's, pointing to a hardware issue. I suspect a leaky magenta, after popping the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back