Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LASERJET 3330 - Printing error - Error 79 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

czchrn7k

MIS
Aug 7, 2004
US
Folks....Got this laserjet....HP LASERJET 3330...paper and toner intact....but I get this error...when I try printing....Error 79....Could somebody plzzzzzzzzz help me?

do a google search "lazerjet 3300 error 79"

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Did that b4 geting in here....didnt find anything meaningful...

Yeah, it is kind of skinny for just that printer. Next step is "hp error 79" and see what pops up. Generally the HP error codes remain the same across a range of equipment so you may get a clue from some other printer.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Have you tried to print a test page from the driver? In a nutshell, an error 79 MAY relate to an object in the print job that the printer cannot recognize. Try printing from a different application, or, install an updated driver. If that does not work, you may have a hardware related issue with the formatter.

Regards, steve

I have a HP 3330 that shows a 79 error. When the machine shows scanner warming up the scanner moves a inch or so. The bulb turns on for a long time and eventually show a error 79.
I did have to replace the scanner formatter board prior but that was because I pluged in the ribbon while machine was on. I have also held down the enter key and *, but does not help. The original problem was that the scanner would move to the right and start clicking. I have also replaced the scanner assembly without any success. Have read about a cold reset, but unable to find the procedure to do it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated/

It seems the scanner head has ended up in a position where it is unable to calibrate and define it`s own position. I have succeeded a few times by plugging in/out the power cable 10-20 times a short moment to make the scanner head move just a little until it reached a calibration point. This is just a poor thing to try, but it might be your lucky day ! [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back