Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laserjet 100 paper problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatwizzard

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
GB
Has anyone in the big wide world had a problem where the printer grabs more than 1 sheet at a time, if so, apart from a hammer, how did you cure it.
This has only started happening recently, I have had the printer for 2 years.

Sorry guys, its midnight in the UK, The header should read as follows HP Laserjet 1100.

HP forum would be better for help.
What is the weather like? Outside temp, inside temp, and humidity? New pack of paper?
Ususal problem is paper sticking together due to static. But you are opening the the big bag of nightmares when you bring up paper handling. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Good point Ed.

Best fix I ever found for crappy paper pickup was a good professional printer cleaning and getting rid of cheap paper.
The paper pickup rollers get dirty and dont work properly.

I have a special restorer that I use for them and it works well.
Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Looks like I might have opened a can of HP worms, sorry it's xmas and the puns get worse. Thanks for help so far. When or if I resolve the problem I will post.

The pickup roller on those printers become soiled over time and a cleaning might help. Your problem will more than likely be your separation pad. Don't use the HP supplied fix or you will end up with more problems. Snap out your pickup roller and with a flashlight check underneath the plastic holder. Should be about a 5mm space visible. You should see a shiny reflection. If you do then you need to change your pickup roller. Its very inexpensive from partsdirect.hp.com and not too tough of a job to do.

I meant to say change your separation pad... Put not your trust in princes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back