Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laser Jet 4550 Front Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asilla

Technical User
Dec 6, 2004
US
I just bought a new fan to replace my noisy fan, and here it looks like I ordered one much too large. I looked on the internet but can't seem to find the one that fits my printer. It is quite small. Does anyone have any suggestions as where to find the small fan?

Thank you!

Are you talking about the main exhaust fan for the printer? If so, I get you the part number for it when I return to work on Monday.

Regards,
Mike

I called HP and they said the only way I can get the front fan that I need is by buying the entire drawer because the fan is attached to it, which is $395. We have already taken the fan out, thinking we could buy a fan on its own to replace it, but the voltage wasn't the same so it didn't work.

The printer says Printer Error 57.3 and won't run at all.

Hi
I have had the same fault in the UK I use maplins its a Electrical store. I think the fan you require is from the drum draw. Take care turn off the printer open the small flap cut the cables on the fan leave plenty of cable so you can join it later. The fan will be 12v or 24v it should say on the fan. Make a good join use a connector. I hope this helps the fan is a stranded size and should be easy to get hold of.
PBing

We have the same problem at work, I am trying to find an answer. The fan is 1.5 in. square and 13/32 in. deep, with three wires. I have the specs, but no luck yet.

HI

The fan is a standard size just check the back to see if it’s a 12v or 24v. You will have to cut the cables and rejoin them. Some of the old CPU fans are ok to use they have the 3 cables.

Thanks

Here are part numbers for the two fans that I found offhand in my service manual:

Fan, small
For printer S/N xxG... and below
RH7-1407-000CN
For printer S/N xxH... and above
RH7-1407-000CN

Fan, large
For printer S/N xxG... and below
RH7-1346-000CN
For printer S/N xxH... and above
RH7-1435-000CN

Going by the figures in the manual, it looks like neither of these fans are in a drawer, so it might not be the part that you're looking for.

Good luck,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back