Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laser Jet 2430n printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2002
US
Hello Everyone, thank you for reading my post!

I have this little network, about 5 PCs, all WIndowsXP PRO, windows 2003 server and this printer with network card. Never a problem until this past couple of days, jobs go to the printer, no error, but they sit on the printer for a while, then, without warning they start printing!!! Never see a problem like this. I restarted the printer, without a change. Any ideas? How can I troubleshoot this printer? It happens with all the PC clients.

Many thanks for your help,

Steven

Any changes to printer settings, i.e., start printing after last page has spooled checked? Any windows updates applied?

Are the computers printing directly to the IP address of the printer, or do you have the printer installed on the 2003 server then shared?

Can you Ping the ip of the printer consistantly without odd delays?

Has anything on the network changed? Hardware? Hub/switch? Cable routes?

Have you tried restarting the 2003 server (if the printer is shared from there)

You may also try turning off the printer, pulling the network card out, and re-seating it. I've seen that solve a LOT of problems.

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

Thank you for your ideas. The printer has its own network card (that is the "n" part of the number) It turns out that the cable guy did some work in the closet where my patch box is located and I can only imagine that a tool or something drop on the wire for the printer... Once I re punched the wire, the printer works perfectly.

I really appreciate your comments,

Many thanks,

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back