Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laptop won't boot from hard drive 'No operating system found'

Status
Not open for further replies.

reles

MIS
Mar 15, 2005
GB
Hello folks,

Any help appreciated! I am stcuk with a HP nx9005 laptop that will not boot from it's Hard drive. It will boot fine from either floppy or CD, but after running fdisk - I get 'no fixed disks present'. If I boot into a CD and run a new XP installation, I get to 'see' the hard drive; and it is properly recognised 27Gb NTFS etc.. I have tried swapping the HDU and rebuilding an OS to no avail, once past the format and initial text install the PC restarts and I'm back where I started - as soon as it tries to boot from the Hard drive it fails - goes to PXE boot and I get 'No operating System found'... Please HELP!!!!!! I'm getting v.V. frustrated!

Use fdisk, and see what is on the hard drive now. Post back with what partition(s) it lists, and whether it is active and formated. Remember, fdisk won't read NTFS, it will show "non-DOS" partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back