Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Envy 4500, 4502, 4505 are they the same printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
I am looking at the HP Envy 4500 and can easily locate it on the HP website. However, when I look on the web for a cheaper price, I am redirected to other printers such as the Envy 4502 from Walmart and the 4505 from Sam's Club.

My guess is that they are all the same printer. My real question is the quality of the 4500 dropped on the 4502 and 4505?

Thanks,

Daniel

from the 4500 to the 4509 they all seem to have the same specs,dimensions,and ink carts. So if there is any difference, it would be minor and cosmetic. No idea about quality, I haven't used an HP printer for years, and I don't like ink jets.

Ink jets are still the way to go for photos, which is probably why they're still around! [bigcheeks]

HP's website only sells the 4500 but has documentation for all three that link to the same manuals (referred to as the 4500 series). That tells me there's no difference between them. The reason for the slight variation in numbers usually has to do with one of three things:

[ul]
[li]Marketing! Different retailers such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Staples like to have model numbers that are specific to them. Makes price comparisons harder on the consumer (though they won't tell you that), or they want to have the higher number over a competitor to imply it's a "newer" model. In the world of appliances from big names like Frigidaire, Whirlpool, etc., you often see the same thing.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Sometimes it does have to do with being "newer". Manufacturers sometimes apply small tweaks to a product line, and therefore change the model number slightly each time. It might have newer firmware, for example, which is really common with home routers (Linksys is notorious for this).[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Marketing, but a different kind of marketing! When a product line is sold worldwide, but there are differences between configurations in each country/region, the number signifies the "market" it's supposed to be sold in. That's not the case here, but with other types of products from HP, it's pretty common.[/li]
[/ul]

You can always call or chat with HP online and ask them!

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Hey, Well they are from same series, it seams to me two of them are almost same, so there are just minor upgrades.

I bought the HP 4502 and love it. The best thing is the wireless printing from my laptop, iPhone, and iPad!

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back