Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp deskjet 722 question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosa

Technical User
Jun 12, 2000
US
i have this printer shared from an NT server and have other machines using it no problem. I now have an Win 2k box that i'm trying to get to use it but can't get it to work..

i choose network printer..select it from the network..so far so good..i then get a message stating there are no good drivers for it on the server (since it's an NT box) and do i want to install 2000 drivers locally...i say yes i then get prompted to browse for the inf file..no matter what i do or where i look (hard drive/cd) etc i can't find the .inf file..anyone else have any hints on this?

i've tried to add the printer as a local printer then add another one as network hoping it will prompt me to use the drivers already installed but no luck..

please if you have any ideas i would be extremely grateful!!!

many thanks,

kyosa

Kyosa

"The key to flexibility is indecision!"

- unknown

The DeskJet 722C drivers are built into Windows 2000. Select HP/DeskJet 722C instead of clicking Have disk...

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

unfortunately it's not a problem w/ clicking have disk...

when i select network printer from the printer wizard..it takes me to select the printer from the network..i do so..it then pops up a box and say the diver on the server is incompatible and do i want to install locally (my only option other than cancel) ..i say yes..from there it throws up a search box for the .inf file..i never the driver list like you would w/ a local install)..when i can't find the correct inf file..it just takes me bake to the window to pick the printer from the network...(very aggravating)..if i could get win 2K to use its built in drivers that would be great! (on an aside...the fact that you can't download that driver independently from HP is rediculous!!!!!!)

Kyosa

- unknown

Have 722C and when printing from internet, can't get it to print the full page. Cuts off about 2 inches from left side of page, yet there is plenty of room to print all.

A workaround, perhaps. Install the 722 locally to your machine, and tell it to use LPT2:. Then, from a command prompt type "net use lpt2: \\nameofyourprinterhere /persistent:yes" (no quotes.) This should work unless somebody has a better idea.

cnthomp..

i want to thank you,as that appears to have solved my prob.(of course i'm getting a new laser printer soon so my printing issues will change shortly but for the time being this works GREAT!! thanks for the tip!!!!

Kyosa

- unknown

Dear cnthomp,
Thank you very very much. Your work around worked and solved a problem that was causing my massive headaches. I am seriously appreciative.
- David Lariviere,
davez0218@mediaone.net

install as a local printer on lpt1 or 2. go to printer properties and end capture to whichever local port the printer was installed on. click on add port. pick network port and browse to find printer. select printer and print test page to check.

I had same prblem. Use the disk to install it on LPT1. Then change the share to the network share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back