Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Color LJ 4600N Jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen1

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
Hi,

I have this 4600N for nearly a year and it has been holding up well from a lot of high volume printing.

In the last month or so, there have been some problems.
- Multiple pages being picked up
- Jams where I had to clear out torn paper pieces from the front panel.

I noticed sometimes the paper doesn't really seat properly in the tray. Even though the tray is properly set to letter. We're using standard paper stock.

Could this be a roller problem or a tray issue?
Thanks

What is the copy count on the peinter ? It may be time for a maintenance kit(pu rollers and other consumables).

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

37,625 pgs.
Is that a lot for nearly one year?

Do you "fan" the paper by any chance ? This nifty printer has a rather nasty habit of picking multiple pages if the paper has not been feed carefully and fanned into tray 2. 37.000 pages shouldn`t be that much, but new pickup rollers are always good along with a fed-, and separation roller. These might not be worn but low humidity where the printer is located might "crack" up the rubber of the rollers. Have a look and inspect them before an eventual replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back