Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP CLJ 8550 in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texkonc

MIS
Aug 13, 2007
US
When using this printer we get an error for printer settings/configuration in vista. Windows XP user are not having the same issues, XP users are fine.

The prompt is a popup when trying to go to properties before submiting a print job.

"
There are one or more conflicting settings.
One of the conflicting settings is:

Output Bin: Mailbox 1
Accessory Output Bin: Not Installed

Restore my previous settings.
Keep this setting, and I will change it later.
"
----Both of those are radio button options.

The default is "keep this setting........."
If i click ok, this box will come back up and show a different option as like mailbox 2, then click ok, it was say mailbox 3 and go all the way up to Mailbox 10.

I looked into the settings and didn't see any options about Mailboxes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you have a mailbox? This is normal for output to proper location. Use the XP driver instead. Full version.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

what the hell is a mailbox for the printer. Configure email to auto print to that printer? I didnt see email option in the device settings.

I am just using the driver that was listed under the hp list. The printer is so old, i doubt they updated it for vista in that windows driver list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back