Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP C6380 - new behavior - reboot demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHalloran

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
Okay, I bought it cheap on closeout, and it's chewed through more than $1000 in ink, so it doesn't really owe me anything, and it's worked just fine for years, but this is new:

For unknown reasons, it accepts a print job without issue, then starts flashing all of its lights, and demands a reboot. After I press the power button, it comes back on, but doesn't print the job. Resending the job then works exactly as it always did.

<tangent>
If it's smart enough to demand a reboot, why can't it just reboot itself, like recent versions of Windows do at the worst possible moment?
</tangent>

Anyone experienced similar issues with an HP C63xx series printer or similar?
Any simple fixes or workarounds?

I had a printer do something similar a couple years ago and I think a total factory reset and re-setup fixed it for me. I think it was a RAM related issue.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Thanks for responding.

For a couple of days, it was offline of its own volition; looked normal locally, but computers couldn't make it do anything over wifi. It said it could see the router, but couldn't get an address.
I thought it was a range problem, and moved the router a little, and reset the router several times; no joy.
A factory reset fixed that problem, but not the one reported above.

It's working okay for now.
I'm guessing it's tin whiskers or RoHS or some other aging phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back