Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 8550 Print Quality and Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceBuckaroo

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
I'm planning on purchasing either a HP 4600 or HP 8550. I've printed documents at work with the 4600 and I'm very satisfied with the quality.

I am about to purchase one for myself but I have found some fairly good deals for the 8550, and I wanted to get other people's opinion on the 8550. I realize it is slower and it takes a long time to warm up, which might not be nice, but I really am interested in the fact that it does 11x17 color.

My number one question is about the quality of the color printout. How does it look compared to other printers? Is there anything else you can tell me about the printer? I really don't need to print that many things in 11x17, it's just one of those things that would be neat to be able to do when needed.

I woould be careful whenever you are buying a color printer used. I am assuming it is used since they have not been made in quite a while. While you should be happy with the quality, these printers can be expensive to fix and maintain, and if they have a high page coount on them I think that I would look into buying a new printer. The 2500 and 3500 are both new color printers and cost much less than the 4600. You should be happy with the print quality. I hope this helped and good luck.

Donald Broda
Vice President

I plan on purchasing a new printer. There are a few deals out there that are new for a couple hundred more. I'm not going to buy someone else's problem. One reason I'm leaning towards the 8550 is that supplies are much cheaper. I am not interested in the 2500 or 3500 at all.

I have never used a 8550 myself, but I have a few customers that have had them and they all seemed happy with the print quality.

Donald Broda
Vice President

Well, I went out to Office Depot and looked at the printers they had in stock, and I am considering the Oki 5400n or 7350n.

I like the glossy printout, but I am concerned about image quality.

I know that the supplies for okidatas can be hard to get, especially as time goes by, but I do not know anyhing about those printers.

Donald

Donald Broda
Vice President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back