Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 8100 - Paper Trays and Options - where to set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallst32

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
When you print a configuration page for an HP 8100, the bottom right corner has a section for "Paper Trays and Options". This shows the Default Paper Size, and the paper size types assigned to each tray; for example Tray 2 (Letter).

Where can I alter these settings? I don't see it any of the menus.

It *should* be in the paper handling menu on the printer.

OR.... I know some printers (not familiar specifically with the 8100... I'd have to do some research)... anyway, some printers use physical switches in the paper tray to sense what size the paper is.

(10 minutes later)... OK, on the paper trays themselves are the settings for the paper size loaded. Tray 1 gets set from the control panel, trays 2 through 4 get set by the tray itself. Turn the "Lock" icon to unlock, set the paper size, and lock it again. (Ref. page 10 of the "Ready Reference Guide")

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

You can use HP's Web Let Admin to manage your HP printers.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

There are various options to set the Paper Trays. The configuration for the Paper Trays that you see in the configuration page are the settings that has been configured on the control panel of the printer.

To make changes in the settings for the Paper Trays, there are three ways:
1. Application
2. Printer driver Properties
3. Control Panel.
This is shown in the Hierarchial order. If any settings are made in the application, then it will override the settings made in the printer driver properties and the control panel.
If the settings in the application is set to default, then the settings configured in the printer driver properties will come into effect.

To make changes in the Application:
File > Page Setup

To make changes in the Printer driver Properties:
"Right Click" Printer icon > Properties > General > Printing Preferences.

Hope this resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back