Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 7310 error ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm333

Technical User
Apr 16, 2010
US
Have Win XP and have a HP 7310 printer which I had to re install with the software. When I try to scan a picture I get a error message

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package scan.msi' is the box below

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\7zS0F49\setup\Scan\"

The software eventually opens but then I get

"The program has encountered an unexpected error, object reference not set to instance of an object"

and shuts down . Any ideas on whats wrong ? Thanks !!

Completely remove all the software for this printer, including drivers. If not using a CD, run the install from HP.com with any blockers, antivirus firewalls, turned off.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

The scanning portion of your software doesn't appear to be completely installed. It's probably a good idea (as Michael52x suggested) to remove the printer/scanner software, reboot, and reinstall from CD (or from download).

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein
[tab][navy]For posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Michael52x & cdogg
I did remove & reinstall and it worked, Thanks for your help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back