Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 720c DeskJet Won't Install... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2000
US
Visit site
I've been running Windows 2000 RTM (build 2195) and haven't had any problems until I reloaded. Now Windows 2000 won't load the driver for my printer. I've done a clean install three times now and it does the same thing everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What are you getting for eroor messages? Possible corrupt driver? not a win2k problem?

It's not a corrupt driver. I'm trying to use the driver that is supposed to come with Windows 2000. It recognizes the printer on the initial boot, but still won't load the driver. I tried HP and they say the Windows 2000 drivers are on the disk.

I have a hp 722c i had trouble loading the drivers at first<br>then i tried the nt drivers from the cd, came up with a warning but it worked. haven't had any problems after that

scsawyer,<br><br>I tried the NT drivers too.&nbsp;&nbsp;It still didn't work.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm at a loss.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for the tip though.

Are you using the IEEE-1284 cable like the Printer recommends? The calbe will propably be Gray in color not Tan.<br>Also what is your CMOS settings for that LPT port.<br>When your machine first boots up. Some computer's you Press the &quot;Del&quot;ete key to Check/Change you BIOS.<br>Then snope around to find the LPT ports.<br>Make sure it's ECC or ECP not just plain.<br><br>OK

I am using the correct cable and my LPT Port is set to ECC or ECP.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm dual booting with 98 and everything works perfect.&nbsp;&nbsp;I really want to get rid of 98, but I need my printer.

Just a thought... maybe you need to manually remove some leftover .ini files and stuff so that Win2k can properly re-install the printer.<br><br>-Mark

I finally fixed the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;I apparently had a bad 2000 CD.&nbsp;&nbsp;I got a relpacement copy and everything appeares to be working fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for all the input everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back