Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp 7110 printer/fax and dsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmjn

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
US
I replaced my r80 all in one with the hp7110 all in one. I have it connected with a splitter on the verizon dsl line. I have the filter attached to the printer/fax and I can't get it to send a fax. When I connect it directly to the wall it works but I need the splitter so I can have my dsl into the house. I noticed that the old cord was a 4 conductor and the new printer has a 2 conductor line. how do I get to use both. Also the dsl filter verizon gave me is a 4 conductor. Help?

On the back of the 7110 there are multiple ports, you can plug the splitter into the back (for your DSL/Phone), the officejet will just act as a pass through device.

I would first try it like this (since you said it worked fine plugged into the wall):

Phone Jack - OJ - Spliter (if needed) - DSL

Other things you might want to try (there are different options depending on your setup)

Good Luck,
oddduck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back