Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 5650 Printer Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhawk1

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
I have a HP 5650 Printer that keeps printing part of the page then up pops the "Printer Folder" box with a message that states "There was an error writing to USB003 for the Printer (hp deskjet 5600 series):Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" with the Okay button at the middle bottom.
I have deleted the printer and reinstalled the printer drivers twice. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cure this?

Thanks

CRC errors when trying to print are caused by data corruption when a job is sent to the printer.

Reason why:

Not enough power, timing issues on your motherboard, or bad sectors on your hard drive.

What to try:

1. Try a different USB cable and verify no high levels of EMI.

2. Try plugging into different wall outlets, w/o a power bar, in a different room if possible. Don't use front USB ports or USB hubs (both powered and unpowered) if at all possible

3. Walk though the below listed document and update your USB chipset drivers if neeeded

4. Try a bios update (as a last ditch effort)

5. Try the unit on a different computer all together (I'm sure if you made it down to here, you'd likely already have tried this)

Good Luck :D
oddduck

Thanks oddduck for the tips! I forgot to mention that I had already tried a different USB cable, disconnected my printer from my hub, and tried my printer on another computer (which worked). So I had planned to step one by one through your other suggestions. The easy one first... I unplugged my printer from the power strip and plugged it into a receptacle by itself. I have printed documents and pictures that it wouldn't let me print before. So far so good. I have your answers printed (which it let me print before I made the change you recommeded but it would print an occasional document but never a internet document)on hardcopy so if it does it again later I will continue your other suggestions. I think however this is going to work.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back