Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 560C Print Problem................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwis

Technical User
Feb 6, 2000
US
My HP 560C DeskJet printer has a thin white line thru the black text, horizontally, throughout the entire document. I have run the alignment test, installed a brand new cartridge, and just about everything else that I can think to do to the thing. I'm working under a deadline to finish a school project and I just don't just know what more to do with this thing. I've tried going to HPs web site, but it's 99% useless as far as getting any tech support via the web is concerned. Does anyone out there have any idea what might be causing this problem, and how to correct this. The color cartridge prints perfectly fine. I have also loaded the latest printer download onto my system, so I'm pretty sure that is not the problem. With my somewhat limited knowlege of desktop support, I am at a complete loss as of this moment as to how to correct this problem. Plese, could someone help me out with this. Thanks a million......

Kiwis,<br>
<br>
It sounds to me that the jets on your cartridge heads could be clogged. Clean the cartridge thoroughly. Manually as well as using the clean command in the HP toolbox. Also, you might want to try cleaning the contacts on the carriage. if the correct signal is not reaching the cartridge, you could get lines, so clean that as well. Make sure to do all cleaning with a static free cloth, and some rubbing alcohol might be a good idea as well.<br>
<br>
I hope this helps, otherwise, just try using a new cartridge, you may have just picked up a bad one.<br>
<br>
MB

MB,<br>
<br>
Wanted to thank you for the suggestions as to the possible solution to the problem that I was having with my printer. I cleaned both the cartridge head and the contact plate on the carriage, and one or both solved the problem. I have a feeling that the problem was actually being caused by a bad connection between the contact plates, since the cartridge was new, but regardless, thanks to your taking the time to help, I'm back in business. <br>
<br>
For the information of anyone else who may be having any related questions or problems regarding your computer, or any other related to the IT field, I heartily recommend this site as a place to find the answer. Before searching out this site, I was on the internet, as well as the phone, for almost two hours to Hewlett-Packard, just trying to reach anyone who could help with this problem, and was unable to reach anyone with the company who could even tell me where to find the help. I finally, after punching in about eight or ten different option numbers on the phone dial, manage to reach a recording there at HP tech support saying that any help they had to offer could be reached at the recorded number, at a minimum cost to me of $25.00. I never did reach a live, speaking human being!! HP doesn't even list their home address on their web site. <br>
<br>
I searched out this site, registered, posted my problem, and had the answer to my problem within 24 hours. This is definitely a site that should be bookmarked and visited often. <br>
<br>
Once again, thanks a million!<br>
<br>
Kiwis

I agree with you this is a great site! I had an HP 560C and if you go to <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> they have troubleshooting tips for this printer along with most of their other models. I have found their site to be helpful for some of my printer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back