Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4200 Phantom Paper Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeyman

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2008
US
Hello All,
I have a 4200 that is giving me some issues here. User reports that late last week the printer started crunching pages up, but never jamed. Some of the pages had a small crease down one side, but coverage and speed was fine.

Today, that printer throws a fuser error at me. After replacement, the printer reports a paper jam in the front, then back of the printer. It is crazy, there is no jam. However, some small pieces of the fuser roller itself are mangled, and I suppose it's possible some of them broke off into the printer. I have cleaned it extensively with no luck.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or - does anyone know ways to trick these things?

I have replaced the fuser, as mentioned.

Today, that printer throws a fuser error at me. After replacement, the printer reports a paper jam in the front, then back of the printer."

After I replaced the fuser is when I get the errors that i see now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back