Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4050 smearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

grenco77

ISP
Jul 8, 2002
US
Have a HP 4050 that smears the last inch of print near the end of a page of print. Has anyone ever seen this? Think that it is a fuser problem but can't figure why only the last inch.

If it was me, I would blow out the printer of all the particles inside carefully of everything and replace with new toner. If after cleaning and toner and still getting smear then replace the fuser. This way you would eliminate all the easy possibilities before changing the fuser. I think not sure but the fuser would probably run you over one hundred bucks or so maybe. I know for sure that a fuser for a 4000 and kit runs two hundred bucks.

Could be the tonor as already stated. The company I work for uses recycled tonor cartridges which to be honest are crap! -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back