Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4000tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie13

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
US
We have an HP laserjet 4000tn that has been giving us problems for about a year. It is a network printer. Ever so often, it cuts off documents towards the bottom. It doesn't do it all the time, but it seems to do it when we need something most. Has anyone had similar problems and what did you do? Could it be a bad driver and how would I fix it? Thank you for your help.

Does it happen from output generated from different applications, or the same application all the time?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

The problem occurs with all applications. I talked to HP support today and they had me uninstall the printer from the server and reinstall it. I don't know if this will solve the problem. The user will let me know. What do you all think?

It might be that the lines pr. page setting is wrong. Is the printer being used in some sort of DOS or a windows environment ?

Are you sure that the document is set to print on the correct paper size all the time. As this seems to be ad-hoc intermittant problem I would suspect a user fault rather than a printer fault.

My guess is that the printer is being sent a job in the wrong print language, e.g. the user is trying to print a Postscript job when the printer is set to PCL6.

Check the "personality" on your print configuration menu.. see if it is set to "auto", "PS" or "PCL6.

Is the paper size correct as well as print area specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back