Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4000TN Control panel displays only asterisks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey1

Technical User
Sep 3, 2002
GB
Our networked HP4000TN which has been working fine for a while has suddenly stopped working. When it is switched on, the display panel only displays a line of asterisks and that is it! The printer will not come on line and none of the menu buttons will do anything. I have tried reseating the Dimm and jetdirect card but to no avail.

Can any one advise if this is terminal?

Thanks...Andy.

Hi
Try to reseat the formatter board or a cold reset if this fails it could be a faulty formatter board

pbing,

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried a cold reset and reseated the formatter board - still the same.

Looks like I will have to call out an engineer!

If you have more than one try swapping the memory. i had one that the simm went out and it did a similar thing, where it wouldn't boot.

Try removing the JetDirect card as a faulty card might cause the printer to act like this.

hpwizzard

Thanks for the tip on the network card - that seems to have been the problem. I didn't suspect it as it is only a couple of months old. Soon as I took it out and replaced it, it now works fine.

Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back