Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 3050 Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsknob

Instructor
Mar 26, 2010
GB
Hi all,

Is it possible to print bleed from the above printer, if so how?

Many thanks

If you're just looking for a general answer on that particular model, try hp's support website for it:

Otherwise, for a more specific question, give more detail.

Print Bleed can apparently mean a couple of different things, it seems, so what do you mean, for starters...

Thanks for the reply TechnicalUser,

I am using Adobe InDesign CS4 and wish to print an image that bleeds (prints off the page at the edges).

The HP 3505 printer at college does not seem to allow me to do this although my HP Photosmart D5360 printer at home will.

My settings for my home printer are boarderless A4, centred, using document bleed settings of 0.25", and scale to fit.

The HP 3505 at college does not have an option for boarderless A4 in the paper size menu in the print dialouge box.

I was wondering if there was a way of tricking the printer into printing up to the edge of the page without leaving a white boarder by using a custom page size or something.

I have researched this and found out that laser printers will not print past the edges of the page but ink jets like mine at home can-is this true?

I will research the sites you have mentioned, cheers for those.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks again,

Dogsknob

Yeah, I imagine you're going to come up fruitless on that one. Laser Printers are generally designed for business, specifically for text rather than images. And because of the design audience and general usage requirements, that would not be a desirable feature. At the very least, it'd probably have to be some sort of admin setting on the printer itself, totally out of any scope of authority you'd have for the machine, I'd imagine. AND it would be (if at all possible) located in a set of options where if you were to mess with them, you could permanently render the printer useless were you to make any mistake whatsoever.

Obviously, a "PhotoSmart" printer - or any photo-marketed printer would be much more likely to support such a task.

The Low Down: I seriously doubt it's gonna happen.

By the way, my screen name is kjv1611 - TechnicalUser was the user "type" that I registered with some 8 or 9 years ago.

[thumbsup2]

Thanks kjv1611,

Sounds like I'm gonna have to get a very sharp knife out and trim 'em, might just change the design to avoid bleed altogether.

Appreciate your expertise and soz abut the name thingy.

Cheers,

Dogsknob

No problem on the name... just wanted to make sure you understood how the name/type shows in posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back