Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2550 toner replacement/level monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stathie9

Vendor
Nov 16, 2006
Hi
Does anyone know how I can get back the programme that monitors the levels of toner and alerts you when you need to replace cartridges for this printer. I have just had Windows Vista installed and seem to have lost it completly. The only warning I get is an indicator light on the printer but I don't know whether it means getting low or empty or some other problem. Any advice greatly received.

Thanks

Since you mention you had some alert programme I figure you have a non networked model of that printer ?
If you have a networked model, entering the IP in a browser should bring up a stutus window on that printer (EWS)
For now HP hasn't released that many new Win Vista SW packages for older printers (except drivers), but they do have a few universal tools available like Easy Printer Care.
Have a look here, and check the datasheet available that will inform of the features :

When a 2550 toner LED lights up, it means 'toner low'. This is a *very* early warning, you can still print hundreds of pages without any problems. I have a 2550 and it still allows to print long after all 4 colors are 'toner low'.

When the 2550 is totally out of toner, it just refuses to print, so you know you just have to replace the toner. The toner carousel in the printer will be rotated to the correct cartridge to change. If the printer still won't allow you to print, then you have to change an additional toner.

In that sense, IMHO toner monitoring utilities are not really helpful. Just make sure you always have a set of toners in stock.

Thanks for the useful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back