Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2500 print quality left side of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsronline

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
I have an HP 2500 color laser printer. Magenta and black fade out on the left side of the page, aproximatley 1" from the edge. All print cartridges are new. The imaging drum is also new. Only HP OEM products have been used. Total page count is 14392, color page count is 8945.

Any help troubleshooting this issue would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

It's good that the imager and cartridges are replaced. That narrows it down.

Next, I would clean/replace the corona wire. If it's cruddy on one end, it will have the effect you're talking about, because it can't charge the paper sufficiently to "pull" the toner to it.

If you clean it, be careful... it's just a thin steel filament; so don't use water. If you use anything to clean it, use 99% Isopropyl... it won't rust the wire.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Strange that the defects are not seen on the other toners as they do require a charge also provided by the corona wire. Are you 100% certain that the cyan cartridge prints OK also ? (Yellow is very hard to see...) Do try the Diagnostics menu in the Toolbox to make a Color registration page. This to check if the positioning of toner is correct and to verify the current printer calibration and that the carousell is properly alligned. There has been many cases reported of users with fading in the sides caused by moving the printer with the toner cartridges installed. The printer has a cheap plastic carousell that easily tends to get misaligned by the slightest bump.

I've seen this a couple of times also. Always faded printing on the left side. The carousel needs to get aligned to fix this issue like hpwizzard wrote above.

Thanks for the input.

I'll try out your suggestions tomorrow. I hope I can locate the HP Toolbox software that would have come with the printer. It may still be out in our Denver office (I'm in Minnesota). By the way, I'm almost certain that it was transported with the toner installed, hpwizard may be on to something.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back