Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2500 compatability problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evadjm

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
GB
Hi

Have just replaced a W95 machine with a XP machine and attached the HP2500. XP picks it up and installs the drivers all looks good until I tried to print out. The printer has 3 trays. 1 for manual 2 for A4 and 3 for A3. When I ask to print anything nothing happens the LCD displays to feed the paper in manually. Changed the settings to print from tray 2 under preferences still no joy. Tried HP site no XP drivers available. Tried other drivers still no joy. Tried changing setting to print from tray 3 still no joy. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem or is this printer just not compatable with XP. All other types of HP printers work great with XP installed drivers. I won't have any hair left shortly if I don't get this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Use the desket 1220c xp driver and you will be able to print to the 2500 printer fine.

Tried these drivers and it works great.

Cheers

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back