Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2100C Scanner will not recognize in XP even with XP Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySwint

Programmer
Aug 31, 2002
CA
I have installed all of the XP compliant software but none the less it wont recognize my scanner. I am running Windows XP Professional and the scanner is plugged in through the USB port, which i have tested to make sure it works. any help would be great. Thanks

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from HP, then tried to update your driver manually? Control Panel-> System-> Hardware-> Device Manager -> click on USB settings if the scanner isn't listed, and see if you have unknown device. Then right click on the device and "update driver".

Sometimes plugging into a different USB port will cause the device to be re-detected. Sometimes a reboot without the device plugged in then another reboot and plug the device in. Usually this can "jump start" the detection of the device. Sometimes you have to search and clean the registry, and start from scratch.

Does the USB port recognize there is a device on the ports? If not check the CMOS settings, make sure the USB ports are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back