Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2000c starts to print, stops....lights blink, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzbirdman

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
I changed the printheads and ink and still the printer won't print. I put the printer on a completely different computer and downloaded the driver from HP and it still acts like it wants to print, but then stops and the lights start to blink.

Anywhere on line to go to get a read on what the blinking lights actually mean? Website? HP's doesn't help....at least I couldn't find anything.

New printheads, new ink out of the box (all colors) and still the computer reads that the ink is low????

Appreciate any help.

A correction: the notch must be inserted into the cover before being folded back, if it isn't the lights will blink, the priter will not print.

Remove your ink cartridges and look at the white plastic pegs that are below them in the ink station. There should be 4 and all should be in the up position and be raised about 3/8". If you press them down there should be a strong spring resistance. If the pegs are down flush with the bottom of the ink station, you have found your problem. The springs that keep these pegs in the up position are known to break loose from their plastic retaining clips. If you are up to it you can disassemble the printer and reattach the springs by drilling small holes in the mounts that have broken.

I have this same problem. Had I known about the troubles I would have with this printer and the expensive printheads, not to mention the ink cartridges, I would have opted for an el cheapo printer that you could just throw away when it had a problem. I paid so much for this P.O.S. that I have to try and fix it!

hey call hp with the bad pumps they will be able to service it my fried served his out of warrinty for no cose to him with bad pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back