Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp 1320 slow printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cihatkarli

Programmer
May 22, 2007
TR
i have a hp 1320 laser printer.

i'm sending a 70 pages of printing. and after printing 2-3 pages stops printing and waits 30-40 seconds and starts printing, and stops again after 2-3 prints. does anyone has a solution?

What size of media are you printing on and from what tray ?
When printing on media sizes smaller than A4/letter the printer will slow down to compensate for the excess heat not being exposed to the paper when passing the fuser.
When using the manual tray, the printer will also slow down as it expects the tray to be used with non standard plain paper types and sizes demanding a different handling speed and fusing.

... and just how complex are the pages being printed?

If they contains lots of (or large) graphics objects (pictures, backgrounds, shading, etc.), rather than just simple text, this can slow things down dramatically.

The 'page per minute' quoted by manufacturers is an 'up to' value, and is only usually achieved with very simple text pages, on standard paper sizes, printed in simplex on plain paper.

i'm printing on a a4 paper from normal tray. i'm printing mixed content. text and images. but is waiting so much normal?

Waiting can be quite normal if you have very complex (in printer language terms) images, because the processor within the printer may have to 'obey' lots (hundreds, thousands, ...) of control sequences to convert an image into a rasterised full page image at the printer resolution.

Try removing all the images from your 'mixed' file and then print that new file - does it then print without pauses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back