Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 1200 local printer won't print must close all programs then prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodbuddy

MIS
Jul 31, 2002
US
This HP laserjet 1200 local printer will print fine for a little while and then out of nowhere it will send the job , and the queue status says its "printing" but nothing will come out until I close out every open program. Then poof, it prints. It seems to only happen when printing and email from outlook. If you can figure this out your a wizard! Thanks for any advice.

Looks like your PC has a memory problem to me. Eventually try spooling the job in another format if possible ex. EMF instead of RAW. Else it could be your network that times out if the printer is connected via a JetDirect card or printbox and the IP is configured static and not from a DHCP server.
If using a JetDirect box or similar, try using HP `s port monitor driver located here : (Win 95/98/ME):
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/hpspm98.exe or
(Win NT/2000/XP) :
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/hpspmnt.exe

Are you using an IEEE print cable or a USB cable to connect to the printer? I had a similar problem when using a USB cable, but I solved the problem when I switched to an IEEE cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back